Splitting Hoses on Above Ground Pool

Jun 2, 2014
tiffin, oh
Can anyone explain to me why we would be having trouble with our connection hoses splitting on our above ground pool? We have never had this problem before but for some reason when we hook up the hoses they are splitting within a couple of days. None of the existing hard connections have changed and we are using the same size hoses as always. We even bought new clamps for the hoses in case they were somehow causing the hoses to become pierced. They are splitting right at the connection point. We have completely changed out all the hoses twice within the last couple of weeks. Some have probably been changed four times. I am at a loss as to what the root cause is. Any ideas or suggestions as to how to proceed? I am really nervous about being away from home and having the hoses burst and the pump burn up in the process.

I don't use regular pool hose for exactly that reason... I went with pvc flexi hose.... As for why your hose keeps splitting in the same place, I am at a loss.... :-( Are you buying the same hoses from the same place to replace? Cause it could just be a bad batch of hose......

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.