Bond Pool Auto Cover Lid??

Blueskies21

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 13, 2011
Middle TN
So we just passed the bonding inspection and maybe I'm being paranoid but we're putting in a cover star cover and it's mounted in a polymer box but the lid is metal. Do we need to bond that lid? Seems like probably yes but if so I'll need to make provision for that before we close the bonding trenches. Those of you that have auto covers, is you lid bonded? If so, does it have a bonding lug??

Technically I'd say yes, it should be bonded, but since it's a component of a system I don't think the bonding has to be direct to the bonding wire in the trench. If you could bond it to some other portion of the mechanism and so long as that mechanism was bonded to the main bonding circuit I would think that would work. Since the cover opens and closes, you'd want a flexible connection, not something made out of #8 solid wire.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.