Current CH 600, Tap water CH 300, what to do?

H i everyone, I just got my K-2006 kit today in mail , and I tested everything :

Ph - 7.6
FC - 3
CC- probably bellow 0.5 ( I could barely tell that it was pink, I had to look for minutes, added one drop and it cleared)
CYA - 35
TA - 100
Ch - 600

Should I be too worried with this much CH, I measured my tap water and it is 300, so replacing water is not really an option. What to do?

I think that I have some idea for that much CH, I'm a pool owner for last 2 months, Leslie kid tricked me into buying that infamous Cal-hypo 73%, and trichlor tablets. So i got 35Lb of each.

Could I really added that much CH to my pool in just 2 months?

I used Cal-hypo once a week , for last two months. This was first time that I tested for CYA and CH, I dont know how much Ch was when I bought the house.

I am going to switch to just plain bleach, but I don't feel like throwing away all of this chemicals that I bought.

Note to everybody, never thrust a 16 year old kid from Leslie's.

When using cal-hypo for every ppm of FC, you added at least 0.7ppm of CH. You could double check this using pool calculator.
In regards to whether you added that much CH, assume you lose 2ppm of FC each day, then you have added about 84ppm (2*60*0.7) of CH within the 2 months.

When using cal-hypo for every ppm of FC, you added at least 0.7ppm of CH. You could double check this using pool calculator.
In regards to whether you added that much CH, assume you lose 2ppm of FC each day, then you have added about 84ppm (2*60*0.7) of CH within the 2 months.

Hi Yoitsme, I use Cal-Hypo once a week, 8 oz each week, so 8 oz X 8 weeks = 64 oz which adds FC 41 * 0.7= 29 , and I got 600

thanks for response though

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.