Having trouble cleaning steps

Jun 3, 2014
Franklin, TN
We bought our house last year which has a vinyl liner in ground pool. The steps have become extremely yellow and I tried Jack's Magic step cleaner. At a cost of $40 it didn't touch the steps. I read a thread that talked about magic eraser but my pool has water covering all but the first step. I'm just learning about pool care and chemical adjustments. I was using the test strips but find it much easier to take a sample to the pool supply and let them tell me what to add. I shock it once a week with a 1 lb bag and use chlorine tablets at the filter. Not sure how often to add baking soda.
Anyway, my main concern right now is how to clean my steps with water in the pool.

Dave

Try the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Save yourself time, money and sanity by considering one of the test kits we recommend. How about a full set of test results? Do you think it could be algae or metal stains? Please add a signature line to your profile listing all your pool equipment. Welcome to the forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.