intex hose fitting

May 18, 2013
Guys I have question I have a 16th ultra from intex pool with salt generator and sand pump using the intex hoses my kids are wanting a fountain I seen where some of yall hard pipe and t off for a second return. I'm wanting to do the same thing but I don't wanna hard pipe my pumps is it possible to find some kinda fitting my be a barbed t fitting for my intext hoses and get another intex hose to connect to a fountain?

The flexible part of the intex hoses are going to be hard to get to seal if you cut your hose to install a tee. I think I would take one of my hoses to a plumbing or hardware store and see if they have a tee and a PVC nipple that will fit in the end of the hose where it is smooth and will clamp properly. If so, I would buy a 14" sand filter interconnecting hose and 1.5m pump to pool hose. The 14" hose will reduce the amount of hosing you have laying around. I would attach it to the pump and put the tee down close to the ground. Don't forget to get the PVC shut off to connect to your fountain. Aeration raises pH and lowers water temp, so you may not want to run it all the time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.