New test results

May 11, 2014
Bowie, Maryland
Now that I have my new K-2006 and added some bleach and CYA per previous suggestions from the forum, here is my initial test results.

FC 3
CC .04
PH 7.2
TA 50
CH 80
CYA 40

I guess I should buy some Calcium Hardness. Standing by with more bleach and baking soda :).

Do you have specific questions? Is your pool water clear? Have you performed an OCLT?

Can you post a picture of your pool? Not a salt water pool I presume?

If you received previous suggestions, you should have posted this in the same thread. Otherwise we all lose the history of your questions and answers.

Sorry, yes I had some very helpful comments from members of this extremely valuable forum in past posts. I should have kept the same thread it seems. No specific questions as I'm really just taking the chemical testing and balancing serious this year and am in "learning" mode. Im posting new test results for recommendations on what to do next. I just started looking at the pool math and calculator. Yes, CH is way low. That's the one chemical I need to get at the pool store today. Everything else I picked up at Walmart and Costco, ie bleach, CYA and baking soda.

I see from the pool calculator I need a little baking soda to raise the TA. What about the PH and CH. It looks like I need about 586 oz of CH, that can't be right? I'm not sure I'm using the calculator correctly. For the PH I'm at 7.2 with a base demand of 2. The calculator mentions adding washing soda, soda ash and muriatic acid. Where do you get that, is that also pool store specific? I have not done a OCLT, sounds like a good idea but should I adjust these results one at a time and in a specific sequence first? I have not Slammed.

Here is a picture of my pool. Water is crystal clear although I need to skim and vacuum (that's why we have kids). I recently did a drain and fill so the water was fresh from a hose two weeks ago. Hence not slammed, at least for now. I had a pool store test the water but both myself and this forum had doubts about the results so I picked up the K2006 and getting an education.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 14
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.