Intex Above Ground? Tell me about it!

I have the 16x48 ultrapool and it is great i have a SWG from intex with a 5.7m3/h pump.
To make the water warmer i use a solar collector.
The SWG is realy a good investmend.

21062008297.jpg

DSCF1041.jpg

21062008301.jpg

23072008325.jpg

xfiles,

Welcome to TFP!

I love that you intex does not LOOK like the tpical giant blue intex! Also like your use of faux turf... keeps the grass and dirt out! Although on looking at your pix closer, I see the pool is set on a brick driveway, so the turf is a must-have! Still a nifty idea, much nicer to look at than a tarp, and not slippery!! :goodjob:

launboy said:
xfiles69, in your last pic. is the green hose connected to the metal piece to fill the pool with water, or does it connect to something else?

Thanks,
Adam

This is the connection/bypass for the suncollector.
I made it by myself, the bypass that came with the set was made from pvc and didn't live long.

xfiles69 said:
launboy said:
xfiles69, in your last pic. is the green hose connected to the metal piece to fill the pool with water, or does it connect to something else?

Thanks,
Adam

I made it by myself, the bypass that came with the set was made from pvc and didn't live long.
What brand of solar collector is that? Looks cool! (errr, hot)

Fetzervalve said:
xfiles69 said:
launboy said:

Thanks,
Adam

What brand of solar collector is that? Looks cool! (errr, hot)

It is a El Nino from texsun.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hello,

I thought I would join all the intex owners in this post. I am a new intex owner ... so new that it is filling up as I write this.

As it's filling, I'm noticing it's not level. I had sand and a gorilla pad (to prevent growth through the liner) under the pool. The sand was supposed to be level. Oh well. It does seem to be off a few inches.

I also have a leak somewhere. The pump isn't running yet as it is only 3/4 full. So that isn't where the leak is. I only hope to find it and fix it.

There are back swimmers in there right now ... I haven't started much for chemicals yet. I have a SWG and plan on starting to add the salt today and then set up the SWG tomorrow. I read on here to put the salt in prior to setting up the SWG. I did put a little bleach in there for now ... but those darn bugs are still partying in the pool. :grrrr:

There were only two of us setting this thing up and it was a pain in the rump. Just taking that heavy thing out of the box and trying to lay it out on the ground cloth wiped me out. We started around 1230p and were not starting to fill it till 7pm. I am getting excited about it now and don't really care if it's a little messed up.

Mine is a very ugly setup compared to what I have seen on here ... but if I can swim in it, that's all I care about LOL.

The ladder scares me ... there are wrinkles on the bottom ... but it is my first and I feel I have learned a lot.

I am hoping it lasts a while. A few years would be cool, we'll see. I can hope right? :wink:

With the help of this forum and all the great people ... I am not too worried about things.

want to hear my boring story? :hammer:

I moved to FL from up north ... been here for a few years and haven't gone swimming. THAT'S JUST WRONG :cry:

We had some room in the back yard and I saw the sand n sun at walmart ... the 24x52 for 569$ WOW I thought. I ordered it. A week later I get an email that it was on back order. A week later they say they had it and will ship it. A week after that I was told it shipped and I had tracking info. So we put up a fence and put down the sand (the weekend before the pool was due) ... I bought everything under the sun for this pool. A better pump, a years worth of filters, the gorilla pad, of course some pool toys, etc.

:blah:

Then I received an email that the pool was lost during shipping and they returned my money. I asked why they couldn't just replace the one lost in shipment and they said that they did not have any left. I really cried then. :cry:

all the other pools like it that size were at least double the $$. My sand was down, I had all this stuff for the intex style 24' pool with NO POOL. I was ready to go snorkling in the sand LOL. Tropical Storm Fay came through and kinda messed up my sand. I did put a tarp on it ... but that only did so much. I found another one ... 24x48 for double the money ... but yet it was the cheapest intex 24' round I could find. Ordered it and WOOO HOOO it arrived a week later.

Which brings me to today, with my non level mess in the yard. I seem to have misplaced my drain plug adapter already too! How the heck did I do that?? If you have an extra one laying around ... let me know :lol:

I have read every intex post on this forum and some ... gone through pool school and am on my way. I plan on doing the bbb method with my SWG. I also ordered one of the http://www.tftestkits.com TF100 Test kits

Oh, I also got the PoolDevil ... I didn't know that needed an adapter for the intex pools ... ordered that today. So I have to use the skimmer that came with the pool till that comes in.

I read somewhere that when the pump gets turned off to empty the skimmer, the debris floats out ... is this a typical thing with the intex skimmers?

I read about the person that has had theirs for 7 seasons, that's impressive ... I would like to hear how long others have lasted.

:goodjob: I have to say it is nice to see other intex owners here also.

Congrats on the new pool! Too bad ur first one got lost. :(

Yeah, I'm the one with the 7 year old pool. It's still up, but I can't swim cause dumb Ike and all his rain blcoks the sun for my solar heat. :rant: :evil: All I need is 2 or 3 days of sun to get it back up to 88-90*.

I don't ever bother to turn off the pump when I remove the skimmer basket, because the stuff will come out. I just pull the basket & Hat assembly out quickly so the skimmer doesn't empty out completely.

I also strongly advise getting solar heat for the pool, although being in Florida, you probably won't need it.

Good luck,
Adam

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.