I have been running like crazy the last few days and ran out of chlorine. The water turned green on me but I got to it quickly. The problem is I just threw bleach at it till I could test the water. I put 5 gallons the first night and 2.5 the next morning. The next night I threw another container in (2.5 gallons).
Today is the next afternoon so the chlorine has been in the sun for 2 days. This afternoon I cleaned the filter out real good and reloaded the autoclorinator (it was empty). Then I tested the water
Here are the numbers
PH 8.2 (we have had a lot of rain)
My question is since all of the chlorine is free after 2 days do you think that means the algae is dead? I couldn't get readings in the morning after adding the chlorine. The water is pretty clear with just a hint of cloudy from dead algae. I was hoping not to have to take it back to 15 and measure in the morning. I only have 2 jugs left. I guess I can run to the tore and get some of those powder shock packets if you guys think I should.
What do you think?
I really apreciate all the help I get here. Our local pool stores were killing me before I found this site.