loop loc scratched coping

Jun 2, 2013
Wanted everyone opinion on this. So this is year 2 with our inground pool and I removed the loop loc cover this weekend to find several spots on the coping and stamped concrete rubbed. I have pics but not sure how to post. I'm wondering if I have any leverage with the pool company holding them responsible to fix the coping. It stinks to spend all that money on a solid cover and the pool to be ruined after one winter. The white was rubbed completely off.

That happen to me this year...this was my first season. The solid cover rubbed the coping down to the aluminum. I have touch up spray paint from the coping company. I have seen this on a lot of pools. I agree it looks bad, but it happens.

20 x 44.5 single roman end, ~33,000 gallons, 10 feet deep, garrett vinyl liner, Hayward SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Hayward 2 HP Pump, Cirrcupool RJ60 SWG, Hayward 140k BTU Heater, Polaris 380 with Booster Pump

The following is taken from the Loop-Loc cover care and maintenance guide:

"IMPORTANT HOMEOWNER SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS:
Swimming pool cover technical note for painted aluminum & plastic concrete receptor coping.

If LOOP-LOC water levels, tensioning requirements and padding recommendations are not followed, pools with painted aluminum or plastic concrete receptor coping may be marred. Also, if you are in a high wind area it is imperative to utilize additional padding or LOOP-LOC’S Coping Protector Caps to prevent marring. If you know these conditions exist, or have the coping types above please contact your dealer to order LOOP-LOC’S undercover padding or LOOP-LOC’S Coping Protector Caps."

You might want to look into getting this padding to protect your coping. Mine has worn over the last few years also.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.