Intex AGP bonding, read a few threads here, one concern still unanswered...

Sep 14, 2013
If I connect the halo to the pump, then to the SWG (AquaTrol), then to the metal posts via tapping, and finally the skimmer(waterbug), what about the plastic tips on all the metal polls? Not to mention all the plastic tips are sitting on pavers. I'm assuming the polls contacting ground is not important, but hate to make that assumption and be wrong. I guess the question is, do I need to do anything special with the bottoms of the polls I connect the wire to?

Intex pools are classed as temporary pools, and I'm pretty sure they don't need to be bonded... But a permanent above ground pool with steel walls, does need to be... :) Someone with more experience will be along shortly to correct me if I'm mistaken... :) Welcome to TFP... :)

while it is tru that in most cases a temp pool does not need to be bonded, it is not a bad idea to do it. Although I am not too familiar with these pools, I gather from what I have seen here that the pipes are connected together with plastic connectors. If that is the case the potential capacity of each individual pipe won't be enough to cause any serious problems. The perimeter bond and water bond connection is the primary concern here as both the water and the ground both have large electrical potential capacities.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.