Green water in the pool

frustratedmom you have been a great help , I will forever listen to your pool care advise :) however the Bleach seems to be not as economical as the puckes :?: :?: , I dont know but i will go back to bleach, the pool does look great, it got a bit cloudy today, kids were in there for a long time and the cloudyness showed up after I added 4 Lbs of Borax. i will post #s on Thursday , wow we have major storm here winds and pouring down rain, should have waited on the Borax and bleach :hammer:

Sorry to hear about the weather there!

Here is an interesting thread about cost comparisons of the various forms of chlorine, bleach is the cheapest, especially when you factor in the side effects of using pucks and the effects of ph, etc.

What are you paying for bleach? Walmart has it on sale for $.95 a small jug. I pay $2.54 for the big jugs, 1 will last me at least a week. (but I keep my solar cover on, cuts down on usage).

Well, that's a good price, your usage is more than mine because your pool is larger, and you don't keep the solar cover on, right?

Check around your local pool stores, at this time of year some of them have sales on the 10-12.5% strength, as the end of season is approaching....see if you can get that, then you'll use half as much.

I know, it seems like the pucks are cheaper, but in the long run they can end up costing you more, much more. Have you considered a solar cover for your pool?

wow been gone for awhile , i do have a solar cover , but to drag it out evruyday on and off its a hassel. pool looks great thanx to you , now here is question ?? i just read on the bottle of reagent for the chlorine test that the liquid is known to cause Cancer can you or anyone elaborate on that.... i avoid dumping the stuff back into the pool after iam done testin a common habit of mine ..
oh ya stil happily Bleaching

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.