Heavy Rain

Mar 26, 2014
Mesquite, Texas
Thank the good Lord for 3.88 " of rain in Mesquite, Texas!! In anticipation, I bumped the chlorine up to 8 ppm last night. I carry a CYA of 40 and target 5 PPM on a daily basis. We had to drain four inches this evening because the water was up to the coping -- PH is 7.5; FC is 5 PPM, CC is 0.

Should I leave chlorine level where it is or jack it up to 8 PPM due to the heavy rain. We're back to sun at least until maybe Monday.

Thanks for all your help!

With a heavy rain like you received, it is entirely possible that lots of dirt/debris was washed out of the atmosphere and off of the patio into the pool. That's entirely normal after a downpour like that, especially after a prolonged dry period. Consider giving your pump/filter as well as your Polaris a bit more run time to clear that up. As others have stated, keep FC at your current target of 5 ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.