First post - Opening, Converting, Enjoying

pH - 7.2
FC - 1.5
CC - 1.0
TA - 130
CH - 130
CYA - 0

Just for my record keeping. I'll add some chlorine tonight, let it circulate, and test when the sun goes down. I'll test tomorrow before the sun comes up and see what I have for my FC and CC numbers. Today is only day 4...So I won't get my hopes up.

Well, didn't pass.

FC - 13
CC - 0.5
last night

FC - 10
CC - 0.5
this morning. (It was light out, sun wasn't out yet and overcast day, so I don't think that tainted my results)
Check inside the ladder and under the ladder rungs and behind the light for hidden algae. When the rest of the pool looks as good as yours does, but it still won't pass, a whole lot of times that's the problem.

I'll give it a good once over. I just put the ladder in the pool the other day, I could have introduced more baquacil to it from that. I'm going to keep my pool at shock level today (first day since conversion that has the sun shining on the pool) and try again tonight. I put my robot in the pool to get any baquacil off of that so I don't contaminate my pool once everything is changed out and balanced.

I have noticed that on the transition from the 3ft depth, where is starts to get deeper, some of the white/light brown coagulated baquacil stuff has settled. It's not a lot, but maybe an inch wide and a foot long on each side. I have been brushing it to get it loosened and water bound so the chlorine could attack it better, but it seems to keep gathering in the same spots. I'm going to let the robot give everything a good scrubbing in case I missed anything and we'll see where we stand.

The water does look great. Too bad the temperatures around here dropped about 20-30* from last week.

Richard - I think you were spot on with the ladder. I removed it and the underside of the rungs were sort of caked with white baquagoo. Unfortunately, I also saw it on the inside of the rails, and have no real good way of getting it out all the way. I'm letting it soak in bleach right now, but I probably won't put it back in the pool for now, or at least until I can get it fully cleaned up.

I passed my OCLT last night, and have been struggling with my sand replacement. IT has come down to having to call the local pool store up to replace it, as I am unable to remove the multi-port valve. Do I have to hold off on adding my CYA or can I do that now, and have my sand replaced a few days later? I can't see any issue with that but I wanted to consult those who know better than me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.