New to the forum. Lots of good info but have a question.

gotsno

Apr 24, 2014
Gardners, PA
Ok so I have a 24' intex above ground pool that I took down this spring. I would never buy another Intex pool. I had the same issues as a lot of folks with the frame rusting out after a few years. However I will say I like the style of hoses and shut off valves they have. I am also please with there SWG unit I added. I have been doing some reading on this forum about pool sizes, foam bottoms and expandable liners. I have used foam bottoms for my fish pond so I know a little about that. My question is has anyone used a foam bottom for an above ground pool with a center deep section. I am looking at a 24' or 27' above ground pool to replace my Intex pool but like the idea of a deep section in the middle and also want to use foam in place of sand.

Thanks for any info.
Travis

You can use rigid foam with a dug out deep end, but you need to shape the ground very evenly and be methodical about cutting and fitting the foam so it sits snugly in the depression with no gaps and all joints well taped. This is much more of a project than using foam on a flat surface, but well within the abilities of most DIY types.

Welcome gotsno! Post up all the pics of your build when you get to it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.