Does anyone know of or have a good Electronic PH meter?

I use them as part of making my living on a daily basis. IMO, MyronL makes the best on the market today. At least for the US Market. My daily use meter runs about $900.00. I replace the pH bulb in it at least once per year and that runs about $200.

However, they have a new pH pen that I am dying to try. Based on what I hear from some sources I trust, I am optimistic there is finally something good and "affordable" on the market. I believe these are running about 150-175 USD.

Bottom line here is that good pH meters are expensive. Period. You also need good cal solutions on hand at a all times. Just FYI. A meter without them is soon not trustworthy.

But there is no point to needing to know EXACTLY what your pH is.

I agree that in general for pools you are right. But, for those who have acid/pH control and even a touch of OCD, it's very, very desirable. Even in that situation it isn't a must, but If had had a pH probe in my pool automation, it would drive me bonkers not to have it as close to dead on as possible at all times. Mostly that comes from my background, but it would be a must for me. Having access to a meter has kept me from learning the pH block colors, but I endeavor to really try again with that this summer. I even ordered a new bottle of Phenol Red to be prepared. :lol:

Hmmmm....... I seem to have found the right place. I too am a bit OCD when it comes to my pool. A little bit of dust on the bottom, and I've got the vacuum out. If the water doesn't look quite right any time I look at the pool, here comes the test kit! And heaven forbid if a leaf falls into the pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.