Pro-Clor what should I set Pool Calc to?

myrddin

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 11, 2012
Southern Indiana
Hey folks... I wound up with 5 cases of Pro-Clor Liquid Chlorinator today (long story)... I am opening the pool this weekend.. Is it still bleach? I know this sucks... but I have 5 cases to work with.

Guessing I calculate it for 12.5 bleach?

shows:
sodium Hypochlorite 12.5
inert ingredients 87.5

thanks for any help.

I want to get it to shock level today so I can burn off any junk from the winter months... so will be using the TF-100 kit to get me in good shape.

Yes it is the same stuff as bleach, just should be stronger. But as Dave pointed out, it may have lost some of that strength depending on age and how it was stored.

As is mentioned above, the stronger the liquid chlorine / bleach, the quicker it looses its potency, heat speeds the process, this is why it is alway best to keep your bleach / liquid chlorine in a cool location. It is also why you should avoid buying liquid chlorine from places that don't have rapid turn over of their inventory and / or store it outdoors. Big box stores with their pool supplies in the outdoor garden centers are a prime example of this.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.