Platte City, MO
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I was clearing the landscaping behind my pool when I came across a flexible PVC pipe w/an open end. I did an exploration dig to see if it was just left over from when the pool was developed. The flexible PVC is attached to a 1 ½ hard PVC. I stopped digging at this point. I purchased the house 3 years ago and have never used, nor knew about this hose. Does anyone know what this hose is used for?

Attachments

• 20140322_184800_sm.jpg
    20140322_184800_sm.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 179
We had that. Went UP into the landscaping. So dirty water went into the pool when the pool tried to overflow I guess. We had it piped to the street after realizing that if the pool did overflow in a storm it might flow into the house. Two grand well spent, when we were out of town for 8" of rain one week. No worries.

Thanks everyone...great insight. I def. don't want dirty water flowing back into the pool. Add another project to the honey-do list...extending the pool overflow pipe into a dry well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.