ph and chlorine level

Re: ph and chlore level

Yes, you should lower the PH down to 7.8 or lower. If you have freshly applied plaster you will want to lower it to 7.2, while if you have a vinyl or fiberglass pool I recommend lowering PH to 7.6 to 7.7.

If you have freshly applied plaster, you will be lowering the PH quite frequently, most likely daily, for roughly the first month. After that the rate of PH increase will slow down and continue at a lower rate for up to a year.

The desired FC level depends on your current CYA level, see the chart in Pool School.

ok so I start with getting the ph correct

the pool is 40000-42000 liters

so that's lets say 40m3 correct?

this is the ph reducer

so if I understand correct to get the ph down 0.1 I would need 5 x 40 = 200ml correct?

20140314_171635.jpg

so howmuch do I need to lowe it judging by this? start with 1 liter or so?

20140313_170320.jpg

Are you using PoolMath?
You need to know your TA level in order for it to tell you how much acid you need to go from 8.2 to 7.5 say.

I have no idea how you came up with 200 ml for a 0.1 reduction ... it is not that easy.

that's what the bottle says according to my calculations

if I understand correct for ever m3 to get the ph down 0.1 need 5ml so I have 40m3 so that's 5 x 40 = 200ml for down 0.1

I am over 8.2 I think so I need atleast 0.5 down that's 200 x 5 = 1 liter

this PoolMath? I have no idea what and where I need to put something

first I don't even know what my ph is? according the foto its over 8.2?

Speed, above all else, we are a teaching forum. We can teach you to manage your own pool if you have the time and willingness to learn

Pool School is the place to start learning about chemistry and what you need to know to manage your pool. It will not be a one-day event........it will likely be a couple of weeks before you have the knowledge and testing capability.

If you are in a bigger hurry than that (sounds like it) you will probably do well getting professional help to manage your pool.

Finding the Pool School button in the upper corner of EVE$RY page will be a good start and then reading the articles jblizzle suggested will start you on your way.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The Pool School button is located on the upper-right of every page and looks like this: PoolSchool.jpg. There is also a selection on the main menu band.

duraleigh said:
...reading the articles jblizzle suggested will start you on your way.
I second that. I will even suggest this one as well - http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock - which will address the next question...

speed said:
and chlore between 1.0 and 3.0 right?
Nope. The proper amount of chlorine depends on the CYA level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.