Who's into Cars? My real passion

Can’t list or remember them all so here is some of the highlights

My first new car was a 1970 AAR Cuda, paid a little over $3,000, if I still had it today it could be worth close to $70,000 ;-( still looking for a Pic.

I was in the automotive industry in the 70’s/80’s and had too many cars to remember in that timeframe. I had an 84 Turbo T-bird as a company car that had a Areo package that my company used as a test car for fuel injection products. Stock it had about 150hp and did over 140MPH, we sometimes tweaked it to over 200HP. Was such a nice car we got one for my wife., After I left the company I bought a 87 Turbo coupe and tweaked to 230HP.

Oh I had a 1985 GS1150ES, stock 120HP. We did a injector project for NOS systems and my ‘bonus’ was a system for the bike. Never got the gassed HP rating but the rear tire would break loose any time you hit the button. I never came home with clean underwear !
Wife said to sell the bike but buy a boat. Boat sounded cool, story for another thread.

With houses, dogs & boats most of the 90’s and 2000’s was a series of Explorers, which I liked because they were stealthy.

In 2008 I decided I needed something that would put a smile on my face and got a short wheelbase 750i sport. Stock 360HP but tweaked with Stage 3 Performance Engine Software, large bore throttle body and high flow injectors. Never put on a dyno but I’m guessing way over 400HP with ton’s of torque. When the road conditions allowed I had it at terminal velocity many times.
Probably the best ride I’ve ever had but after 5 years, the warranty was up it was time to let it go- 3 radios in the 5 years @ over $2K each- the tranny was $9K etc

hual2.jpg

Now I’m back to SUV’s and liking it

Wife's car. This is when we picked it up in South Carolina @ the BMW Performance Center. That was an awesome experience. I'm hoping to be able to do the European Delivery next time.

335i_zpsd91e8ecc.jpg

Locally, the only luxury car brand worth buying is BMW due to the quality of Dealerships. BMW dealer will do anything to keep you happy, others out here will do anything to bend you over...

I like cars but watches and firearms have been my vice the last couple years. My wife daily drives an Acura RDX. Fun little SUV.
Her summer car. Has 19,000 miles on a 2003. 330 convertible.
bb5765ec757731a959d1564742dfa667.jpg

My daily driver. Bad picture. 2014 Z71 LTZ Silverado.
89cd718bcb3279dffb9f832d5878cf92.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, nice thread-the daily drivers with a bit of muscle/handling are sweet!
Mrcarcrazy-An Elise, Beemer and a Jeep? Nice team-I’ll bet at only 1900lbs, the Lotus screams!
Edge-the GTO is clean-How’s the track time?
PAGirl-Those are beautiful-I’ll bet they’re hard to find.
In 2008 I decided I needed something that would put a smile on my face and got a short wheelbase 750i sport.
hual2.jpg
Yes sir, the maintenance cost can easily get up there. Luckily, I've found a good independent. Saved upwards of $3K in last 2years. Like the plates on the 750i (even if it's photo-shopped):cool: My friend has on his Texas plated e55 has "Don't Tread on me" version "M5 LOL"

Mrcarcrazy-An Elise, Beemer and a Jeep? Nice team-I’ll bet at only 1900lbs, the Lotus screams!

Yes sir, it's a quick little car. Luckily the new rubber lets it go fast with front wheels in front of the rear wheels. With the old rubber it was instant drift car at any speed under 40mph if you stood on the throttle. Now it just slams you into the seat. Such an improvement.

Best part is the handling, this car does things that very few other street cars can do. I've always been a handling over acceleration guy (having owned 2 miatas)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pragmatic

Now if you want to talk about brute force, my other ‘ride’ in the slings has a pair of Cat 3196’s 12ltr(732ci) straight 6 Turbo diesels @ 660HP and over 2100 lb ft of torque (each) a few 100 RPM before the Turbo’s start to spool!:p

- - - Updated - - -

Best part is the handling, this car does things that very few other street cars can do. I've always been a handling over acceleration guy (having owned 2 miatas)

I'm with you on that, the only thing I put above handing in braking

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.