Calcium build up around water line on tiles

Mark R

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 18, 2013
Desert Southwest, USA
It's gone. Does this happen naturally now that my water chemistry is perfect for my pool. I recently changed my pool water and presto, there's nothing on the tiles.

I had to scrub once a month during the summer cause of the nasty water here in the desert and had a pool service company service my pool.

My CH is in the 300-400 range now, before it was 900. Will it come back or is it gone as long as I maintain current chemistry levels

Please move if in wrong forum

Thank you

When I moved in to our current house, I inherited the same white calcium ring on the tiles. Once I found TFP, I first had to get a handle on the FC/CYA relationship. Then I focused on the CSI. By managing the CSI and keeping it slightly negative, the white calcium line slowly disappeared. The disappearance was just slightly faster than a speeding glacier, but it a was steady improvement. Took about a year and a half in my case without any scrubbing. This season will mark the 3rd swim season that the calcium line has been gone. My CH is in the 300-350 range which is equivalent to your current reading. However, I have never had a CH anywhere near 900. Since I began testing, 380 has been my max. If your CH starts to drift up, pay attention to the CSI as Richard320 suggested. Although there's not much you can do about the calcium present in municipal water, be sure to avoid any chlorine that contains calcium hypochlorite (cal-hypo) as that adds calcium to the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.