Will lubricant cause a rust looking stain and what ground screw on intellibrites?

Angnjam

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 8, 2013
Southern California
I just read this thread. They are installing my intellibrite 5g color 120v lights right now. They are using a wire pull lubricant, which has dripped onto my shotcrete too, and I am worried that it will cause stains after reading this thread: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/39754-Rust Will it? What should I do. Also, do they use the stainless steal grounding screw or the bronze one? The bag the ss screw came in said to use it on a new pool (which we are doing), but the manual said to only use the included bronze screw. Which do i use??? Please help me and tell me if I should tell them anything asap. Thanks so much.

Last edited:
Re: Urgent! Will wire pull lubricant for intellibrite light cause a rust looking stai

Okay thank you. Good because that's what they are using, but I guess it doesn't get grounded until after plaster. Does anyone know why the stainless steel one is used on new pool builds and the bronze one is used on remodel! That doesn't make any sense to me. The guy from Pentair didn't know why they do this either. The lubricant they used is this one image.jpg
image.jpg. And does this light install look correct? Do they not have to seal where the wires go to the sub-panel? The sub-panel is above the pool so I guess water won't travel to the connection on the other end.

That wire lube shouldn't cause any problems.
The conduit doesn't get sealed. The water will rise up in it but it's sealed to the niche so it won't leak.
The new niches are designed with materials that are compatible with stainless steel so you use that screw. Older niches may not be compatible with stainless steel so you use the brass screw. They started using stainless steel due to the increased popularity of swgs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.