Happy Birthday ivyleager!

Cary, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :wave:

I've 'seen' you here and there for a couple of years, so feel I 'know' you :wink: I appreciate your participation and help (especially on Mikvahs :mrgreen: ) Hope You have a great year and a Trouble Free Pool!!! :party:

Happy B-day

Ted

BTW, Dave isn't your doctor's appointment coming up (I mean 40th :roll: ) DO NOT GO TO Dr. Freddy Kruger :hammer: :wink:

waste said:
Cary, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :wave:

I've 'seen' you here and there for a couple of years, so feel I 'know' you :wink: I appreciate your participation and help (especially on Mikvahs :mrgreen: ) Hope You have a great year and a Trouble Free Pool!!! :party:

Happy B-day

Ted

BTW, Dave isn't your doctor's appointment coming up (I mean 40th :roll: ) DO NOT GO TO Dr. Freddy Kruger :hammer: :wink:

Waste, your memory (or ability to search the forum, or both) is waaaaaay to good :lol: ! And yes, this year I'm legally changing my name to Ben Dover!

Wow! Thanks y'all for the birthday greeting. I'm getting this a bit late. Let me rave......

I turned 39 ( :lol: again) over the Atlantic Ocean on my way to Botswana Africa. My hubby is a HUGE bowhunter and my 10 year old daughter and I accompanied him on his hunting safari. We just took pictures. (I'll go through and post some a bit later). If you've ever seen the movie The Gods Must Be Crazy then you'll have an idea of where we were. We were deep "in the bush" as the locals would say. There were a few highlights.
1) we got charged by an elephant, twice. Our driver, Hula, who is a Khwai bushman but very educated, claims he could read the elephants signals and knew her first charge was a bluff and did not drive away, much to my surprise as the ele was coming straight for me. The second charge he put the pedal to the metal and hauled @$$!
2) after scouting for lions for 2 mornings, Hula tracked them down late one afternoon and we were able to get within 10-15 feet of a pride of resting lions; 1 male, 4 females and 6 lion cubs. Guess what lions cubs do 95% of the time? Practice pouncing! They also play a game of catch with dad's tail. We hung out with them for about 1.5 hrs, us being safely in our landcruiser.
3) hubby was able to harvest a warthog (think Pumba).

The one thing I know is that we'll go back again. This time I'll bring my .308 while he bowhunts.

Then I come back home to find out the Canes GM traded Erik Cole! Absolutely crushed. I will continue to wear my #26 jersey forever.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.