My pool readings

I assume you are estimating cya at 46 since you are filling up between the 50 and the 40 line? You can safely swim up to your SLAM level for your cya level...so for 46 ppm cya, you can swim up to 18 ppm FC.

Also, from you FC values, I am assuming you are using the 25 ml sample size? Go ahead and use the 10 ml sample size instead, since you don't need better than 0.5 ppm precision and you will save reagent (and a little time).

Welcome! :wave:

Sorry, chlorine is not low because the water is cold, but because you have algae that's using it up. What you need to do is get the chlorine level up high enough for long enough period of time that you kill it faster than it can reproduce until it's all dead. Around here, it's called SLAM - shock level and maintain.

Just to toss it out right at the beginning, "Shock" is a process, not a product, not a one-time megadose of chlorine.

This SLAM process to which I am referring requires the use of a proper test kit. You probably won't find what you need in stock in the pool store, though they will sell you something and assure you it's the same. It's not. There's a lengthy article in Pool School that explains it. It also requires some source of chlorine besides your saltwater generator. That SWCG can't keep up with the demand, but if it could, it would just burn it out prematurely.

In all seriousness, your next step is to start reading Pool School until you feel like this: :crazy:
You might also check out my reply in this thread, too: slam-shocking-with-a-d-e-filter-t72793.html

[center:p2z3qpwg]
file.php
[/center:p2z3qpwg]

You, blakeJ and everyone else have been a huge help! Thanks alot for guiding me in the right direction!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.