70 Cya slam @28

Dcookster

Silver Supporter
Apr 23, 2017
Stafford Va
Been slamming since Tuesday and I have to keep it up a few more days, kids would like to swim. Is it safe, my water is clear and it been clear but just not passing the overnight test. Went from 28 last to 26 this morning so still adding bleach. Is it safe to swim while slamming?

You can safely swim in a pool as long as the FC is above the minimum and at or below SLAM level based on your CYA. You must also be able to see the bottom of the pool in the deep end of the pool.

Reactions: Dcookster
Any difference between the two? Test an hour ago with the one on left, pool math said to add 100oz of 6% bleach to bring up to 28. Hour later test results was over 28, it’s 30 now. To much, any thoughts?

Attachments

• D3EEEFC9-0C91-482F-B3F7-0ADBB06F33C4.jpeg
    D3EEEFC9-0C91-482F-B3F7-0ADBB06F33C4.jpeg
    321.5 KB · Views: 7
Those are the same. Both are R-0870 from Taylor.

TFP just packages the powder in a screw top jar. I happen to love the Taylor jar because it stores the scoop in the cap, but it doesn't seal as well as the screw top jar. It does however have a pad of desiccant embedded in the flip top lid which is supposed to help keep the powder dry, but long term the TFP jar is better.

Well I just tested again and my FC is even higher. FC 24 added 100oz bleach to bring to 28 via PoolMath. Hour later checked I got 30, check again 1hr 20 minutes later and it’s now up to 33.5. Something crazy going on. Taylor has best by 12/19, TFP doesn’t have a date but I just recently ordered it.

Test twice with the same powder for both tests.

The powder lasts a long time. Chances are it's your drip size that's off. Try not squeezing the bottle, but inverting it each drip to allow air back in and just letting the drops come out without squeezing.

Just tested twice back to back, I got a 29 and then a 32.5. Seems the bottle needs a Little squeeze now and then. It rolls out 10 drops without squeezing then I flip back upright and flip it back to start dropping drips again. I’ll see how my test goes in the AM. :unsure:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.