7 Day Vacation..Advice Please

I'm going on a 7 day cruise in September and will be gone a total of 9 days. I'm leaving my in laws who are 73 years old in charge of my pool during that time and I guarantee you they wouldn't understand the whole testing of the pool. Is there a timer that I could put on my pump to run automatically? It's 1.5 hp so I'm not sure if there's one that would pull it or not. Also I was thinking I will watch my pool log for a pattern of how much bleach it's taking and bump it up a bit per day and measure it into gallon jugs and tell them to dump one jug per day in and dump the skimmer basket. I normally brush and vacuum 3-4 times a week on alternating days but I know that neither will happen while I am gone because they are also watching my dogs. I know I sound paranoid, but I just brought this pool pool to sparkling clear from a green swamp and don't want to go through that again. Thoughts? Do you think this will work?

You are on the right path!!!! Can/will they turn the pump on and off for you? I so want a timer but it has not happened yet. Will have to keep working on husband for that one.

Look at your testing log. See what the average FC use is and go a little above that. I like the idea of having it all set in jugs for them to just pour in the pool. I would write the dates on them as well so they will know if they have done it that day or not.

How is you PH doing on a daily/weekly bases? Is it hold steady or pushing up some each week?

Kim:kim:

Yep, I like your plan. You should try to teach them to turn pump on for when they add chemicals. Or if they plan to come around the same time each day, you could time your pump to come on during that window. Although, if they are cleaning out basket you may want pump off for them to do that.

Thank you both so much! I like the idea of adding the date to each of the bottles. Good thought to just have them turn on the pump so when they add the chemicals it's on and have them dump the skimmer basket prior both of those steps. I think my Ph will just slowly rise over the week. Right now I am purposely raising it through aeration to get my TA down. I will watch it closely once I get that straight and lower it down to 7.2 before leaving. Thank y'all so much.

Make sure you warn them not to wear nice/new clothes and/or be extra careful pouring bleach in the pool. One drop of bleach can ruin dark colored clothes. Can't tell you how many times I "rushed" to pour bleach in the pool after work (with my work clothes on) and manage to get one drop of bleach (from the splash) on my dockers, which ruined them. Doesn't happen to me anymore, but for someone not used to it, it can happen.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.