Brand new Spa, air bubbles stuck, -20 our lines will freeze

Dec 31, 2013
Help!
We just got a brand new hot tub and its freezing outside.
There are 2 cups of antifreeze in the lines and as stated by the hot tub company (strong bought thru Costco) we were to fill the tub with 12" of water to help flush it out.
So we did...and nothing happened.
Called strong and they had no answers for us except to put hot water in the end of the line to try to get the anti freeze moving....yeah, nothing happened and then they were closed and wont reopen for 2 days!

I believe there are air bubbles in the line. We proceeded to follow the manual about priming the pump using the sequence of button pushes without success. Next step, a strap wrench to open the valve to release some air...nothing happened.

The jets are almost all working, I can see air bubbles in the line for the top jets on one seat.
The blower works the water is moving, but its -20 here and those lines are going to freeze if I cant get the bubbles out. We've used a hair dryer on the lines and have a portable heater in place under the tub skirt to keep it warm. no matter what we do we cant get the heater working.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
thanks!

Re: Brand new Spa, air bubbles stuck, -20 our lines will fre

Welcome to TFP.

You say the jets are working. How long did you let the pump run?
It may just need to run a while to purge all the air out. You also may need to add a little more water.

Thank you so much for your reply!

Its been running for 36 hours straight.
Some of the jets are blocked still but 90% of them work.
However the heater will not come on still
Temp down to 56f we are going to have to bail some water out and add hot water straight from the tank again.

The water level is quite high well above all jets.

filters have been pulled.
I just cycled the pump again and it looks like the heater is on for now.

temp up to 64 phew....thought we were losing it.
Im not sure what I did but ill take it for now. I just hope it stays on

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.