It's been a while since I've had to come here. The BBB method has worked soooooooooo well and I rave about this site to anyone who asks about the pool. So here's my situation.
I've been mostly good about keeping a constant level of chlorine in the pool. I'd asy in the past month or so i've had a few days that I forgot to do this. This week the water :
1. Has turned a light green color. (still clear-ish though)
2. I have a ton of brown (looks like small patches of fine brown dirt that embeds itself in the divits in the pool floor)
My levels as of last night were the following :
FC : 8
PH : 7.6
CYA : 45
ALK : 100
Woke up this morning and the levels are still the same. So clearly my question is related to the green water. I'd assume it's algae cuz hey, it's green .
1. Am I right about that (it being algae) ?
2. Also, if it is algae, why do the FC levels remain in tact. I had gotten the impression that the algae would eat away at the FC. ?
3. Besides shocking my 10K pool to an FC level of 16 , is there anything else I should be doing, clarifier, floc ? .