old pool store chemicals now what?

roth79

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2009
now that I'm a BBB pool owner and the pool never looked so good, I have some left over pool supplies that the local pool store sold me before I new better, I have suncoast super water clarifier and suncoast super metal control, I was using a quart of this every other week as told buy PP pool store again before I found this site and read and read and now am a BBB pool owner and loving it, THANKS all.

So what do I do with these supplies, dump them or what?

Thanks again,

roth

I am not familiar with those two products, but the metal control could be useful if you have potential metal issues in your water that may pop up later on due to increased concentration eventually caused by water evaporation.

Ike

Not familiar with them either. Biggest hurdle I had to get in my mind was less is better when it comes to added chems in pool. If ya like, just keep em longer and let then gold unless someone here can think of any good use.
Good Luck !!
Sami

Have you ever tested to determine whether or not you have metals in your water?

If you do, the sequestrant is to keep the metals in suspension. If you do not have metals in your water, there is no need for it.

Throw the clairifier away.

duraleigh said:
Have you ever tested to determine whether or not you have metals in your water?

If you do, the sequestrant is to keep the metals in suspension. If you do not have metals in your water, there is no need for it.

Throw the clairifier away.

+1 to all points for sure. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.