I have just spent a week fighting algae, not sure why I got it but that is a subject for another time. I am going on vacation on June 27 for 10 days, and since I just got done cleaning up my pool, I would like to prevent it from happening while I am away.
I have trichlor pucks that I can use, but I don't really want to mess with my CYA level. Right now it is 40. I have a neighbor who is willing to come and put some chlorine in for me but only every few days.
My questions are...
Should I stick with chlorine or should I go ahead and use the pucks this one time?
What would be a good level to keep my FC at since I am coming off of shocking?
What should I do about my ph? (Especially since my chlorine level is so high right now.)
Here are my numbers from today...
FC- 13.5 (I was shocking at 16)
Thanks for any advice.