Winterizing a ProLogic System with Solar Panels in Ontario

I read all great information about winterizing the pool, blowing and capping pipes and putting antifreeze in skimmers.
1. Must I remove sensors from my ProLogic System in the pool cabana or cover it with foam or blankets to keep it from freezing?
2. Should I disconnect the solar system pipes between the roof and where they go underground?
3. If Yes to 2., should I cap the down pipes from the solar panels on the roof to prevent bugs from going up? and
Should I pour anti-freeze in the Solar System pipes coming out of the ground before I cap them?
4. Should the latter be capped with a hose linking them or capped individually?

Mhenault54 :)
Ingr. 48000gals Vinyl liner, Hayward 2.5HP Var pump; ProLogic, Salt Water, Solar Panels, Canister filter; Ontario, Canada

Re: Winterizing a ProLogic System with Solar Panels in Ontar

I would remove anything with electronics and store in dry place, no one would leave their computer in their trunk all winter. There is no need to remove solar system connections PROVIDED, you are sure you have removed all water.
I would recommend getting some Anti Freeze and pouring into all pipes, then when you blow them out, you should see some antifreeze, ensuring you have it in all pipes. Anything you can do to protect your investment is a wise thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.