Pool Cover

Aug 12, 2012
Guys, military says I have to move to California for two years to go to grad school so we'll be renting my house out while were gone. After speaking with a couple prospective property managers they highly recommended purchasing a safety cover to protect against liability issues. We've had the pool for a couple years and always left it over during the winters here in southeastern Virginia. Any insight on what to get? I don't want to break the bank but I do want it to be nice and last a while. I'll be responsible for opening and closing the pool and the tenants will be responsible for everything in between in the lease. Pool builder suggest a Merlin Mesh ( that's what the sell), supply store is pushing GLI and of course Loop-Loc is always on the mind. I do plan on coming back and living here with my family once I graduate. We get quite a few leaves from the neighbors yard in the winter and pollen is an issue in early spring. In just the quick research that i've done, has anyone installed there own after they've had it professionally measured? I'm not super handy but it doesn't look that involved but what do I know; looks like I might be able to save 6-700 dollars if I were to do it myself. I appreciate any insight you can provide.

Rich

I had our safety cover professionally measured by the pool store where we bought it. It was delivered to my house and I installed it in 2-3 hours with my dad's help. Very much a DIY project. The only "special" tool you might need are a hammer drill with a specific masonry bit. Neither should be hard to find and both are substantially less than the labor of a professional install. My only (very minor) regret is that some of the holes we drilled are an inch or two off. This is completely invisible in the summer when the cover is off and probably only noticible by me in the winter when the cover is on. It only means a couple of the straps aren't exactly perpindicular to the cover. Again, likely only obvious to me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.