Pool & Spa Lights & Security Lights On Same Breaker...

Apr 23, 2013
I lived at this house for 10 years but I have always wondered about this.
My Pool, Spa & Security Lights are On the Same Breaker. But here's the thing. If I turn On the outside switch on the wall for Pool Lights, The Pool Lights come on normally bright. Then when I Turn On The Switch for the Security Lights, the Security Lights come On but they Dim the Pool & Spa Light to practically no light. Is this Normal? Has anyone ever seen this before? From what I can see, Somehow the Pool Lights & the Security Lights seem to be wired in series if you will. I'm just guessing that's the right term, not sure. We have never had a Problem with this Set Up in the Past or Present. But it would make sense to me, since both items are on separate switches, they should work independently of one another, even though they are both on the same Breaker. I know nothing about this. So I'm looking for help.

I would have that checked out. I doubt that they're wired in series, but stranger things have happened. :scratch:

Are you sure the pool lights are actually dimming, or do they just appear more dim because of the light level created by the security lights?

If they're actually dimming, then there's something definitely wrong and it needs to be fixed.

No. They are Dimming. It appears to act like the 2 Wall Switches are somehow working together. I have some phone calls in now. I ultimately would like 1 Breaker for Pool Lights & 1 Breaker for Security Lights. But in my case, not only are they on the same breaker, but when I turn the supposed Wall Switch On for The Security Lights, the Pool Lights come on dimly. They should be at the very least 2 separate & Independent Wall Switches. One to turn on Pool Lights, the other to Turn On Security Lights. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.