Spa Side Remote?

ltmark

Sep 9, 2013
Good evening to all. I'm a new member and am attempting to help my youngest who just bought a new (used) home that has an inground pool/spa with all Aqualink.Jandy controls, etc. ( im guessing it's all about 8 years old) The main control panel and inside the home one touch all work fine. The spa side switch didn't work so I downloaded the manuals and did some research. The 6 terminal brown connector inside the main control box has nothing hooked up there. Clearly, the spa side remote can't work if it's not hooked up! I dug around the wires and found a black cable that is not hooked up to anything, but this cable only has 3 wires in it, so I doubt that could be from the switch. No other unattached wires are there that I can find?

Is there any way to test the 6 terminal brown/section of the PCB to verify that a properly working Spa Side remote would actually work? For example....connect terminal 6 and 4 briefly to see if the light turns on, etc.

Since the remotes are over 200.00, it would be nice to know that buying a new one will, in fact, fix the problem. I could see the previous owner disconnecting a bad remote, but I can't figure out why the only apparent unattached cable only has 3 wires??? RED, BLK and BLUE with no connector on them.

The manual shows the color wires that should go to the brown terminal, but no indication of what those color/terminals control.

I thought about prying the switch off the spa wall and then blowing some air down the 1" pvc pipe that carries the 3/wire cable I talked about to see if that cable is the one that leads to the spa. If it is, I would be at a loss as how a 3 wire cable is there!

note: I did purchase the actual terminal that the remote wires screw in to and then pushes on to the PCB.
Thank You for any assistance!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.