your chlorine routine?

Hello,
I use bleach to chlorinate my hot tub. I did the dichlor then bleach method to get my CYA to 30 and now I'm sailing with the bleach. But lately I have been noticing that my hot tubbing routine (or rather lack their of) is making my maintenance difficult. The trouble is that sometimes I hot tub first thing when I get up. Then I add bleach, but then the next day I might not hot tub until before bed, so then my FC is out of wack. Basically, I don't think my method of 'adding bleach when I use it' is working. I'm wondering what your chlorine routines are? I'm guessing I can't pair the maintenence of my hot tub with the usage.

There is adding chlorine after a soak in large enough amounts to handle the bather load and then there's adding chlorine in between soaks to handle background demand. The latter can be done at a regular time each day. The only times you don't have to do that are if you soak every day in which case the dosing after each soak can handle the background.

Technically, you can always increase your dosing and it will last longer -- usually you can get to two days if you don't have an ozonator since the background loss is usually around 25%. With an ozonator, however, the background loss is usually 50% or higher so it's much harder to go more than 24 hours without additional dosing.

killereese,

I have created your own thread....do not post into others....it confuses everyone.

If you can't find your questions and thread I put your username in the title. YOu can search for it in "google forum search" above the "Pool School" button on the top right of your screen.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.