Need to replace pump - recommendations welcome

RobbieH said:
Good idea!

Well, I just got done installing the new pump and the computer (they call it the drive) is dead. They are next day shipping the new drive, but guess how long that is going to take... Holiday... Hello brush, net, robot, bleach, and until Tuesday.

Sounds like you need some swimmers in there to stir it up too. :mrgreen:

New "drive" showed up today. It's about a 5 minute job (ok, maybe 10) to replace it. It's up and running. I am blown away how quiet this pump is. Looks like right out of the box it's running at the most efficient speed. It's currently at 250 watts, 30 GPM, 1400 RPM. I set it to run 24 hours, 1 turnover per day. Now I just have to watch it to make sure the skimmer works well (I think it will at 30 GPM, but I'm still unsure if my main drain is still connected), and I'll have to readjust the SWCG.

Those folks at CLI never got back to me. They state on their website they will help you find an installer in your area, but they told me in email that this is uncommon. So I don't know who to go to honestly. West isn't that far, so if you find someone let me know. Maybe at minimum they will know someone in my area.

I'm trying to figure out why I'm getting air in my strainer at low speed. I know the plumbing was done properly, and I didn't have air issues before the new pump. The strainer lid has a set point where it stops when tightening, so it should not be over or under tightened. I took it off again yesterday and fully lubed it (the manual says to use lube, I know some do not) and it's still getting air.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
At 1500 RPM / 30 GPM, the bubbles came back. Essentially it creates a large bubble in the top of the strainer pot, and the filter gets air at the very top. It isn't a lot of air in either case.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.