Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chem geek chemical calculation spreadsheet?

1. Back To Top    #1

Chem geek chemical calculation spreadsheet?

I thought I saw a link or download somewhere here for Chem geeks chemical calculation spreadsheet, but I cannot seem to find it even via search.

Am I dreaming? Or, would someone kindly point me to it.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

2. Back To Top    #2

The link is at the end of the first post in this thread or you can get it from this link (which goes directly to the spreadsheet instead of the ZIP file that contains it). This spreadsheet is not for novice users and was created so that I could calculate pool water chemistry. Michael Smith's BleachCalc that is referenced at this thread is by far more user friendly. Nevertheless, some people have found the spreadsheet useful.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

3. Back To Top    #3

Ah, you are such a great person, chem geek. I am always in awe of your knowledge. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

4. Back To Top    #4

I just downloaded this new one and the borate calculations match what I actually saw

I added 43pounds of borax to my pool and the test strip I used said somewhere between 30-40ppm. I was confused because the spreadsheet reported it should be closer to 50ppm. Now I know why.

After I get this FC depletion fixed I'll add the additional 9 lbs to get me to 50ppm.

dave
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .