Oops! I forgot my pool! (A photo series)

Hour 28
FC 16
CC .5

Hour 29
FC 14
CC 0

Slowing down, good sign.

Here's the water
pool154.jpg

Here's the razor
pool155.jpg

I know, I know. The excitment... You're ready to burst, huh?

Hour 49

Well, I put a gallon in before I went to work. When I got home from work, I did a quick backwash and rinse of the filter, put in another gallon of chlorine.

This is what it looked like a few minutes ago.
I'll get a reading in about an hour.
So close now I can just feel it!
pool157.jpg

So we're all on the same page on what exactly is going on around here...

This is what I started with.
pool158.jpg

This is exactly 49 hours later, give or take 30 minutes.
pool159.jpg

Now I'm not done yet, so no need to get too excited. It's not all sparkly yet, but I'm chalking another one up to BBB!

I still have to wait until it's crystal clear, and then join an occult!

No wait a minute... That's not right...

Crystal clear... and an OCLT. That's it! Wait until it's crystal clear, and then do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. Which if I was a betting man, this would occur tomorrow night. But I'm not a betting man, and I just don't have time to do a test in the morning, this will have to wait until Friday evening so I can do a test Saturday Morning.

langerking said:
This is a great lesson! You are so :calm:! Thanks, the photos are excellent and if my pool ever turns into a swamp again, I'll have this thread bookmarked!

:cheers:
Peter

I'm calm because I've been doing this for 5 years now, I know it works, and it works everytime without fail. The first year, I read and read and read, then when I just couldn't possibly read anymore. I just kept reading. At the same time, I was applying everything I was learning and now I think Trouble Free Pool doesn't even describe it. It should be Super Totally Easy Completely Trouble Free Pool with Awesome People Who Actually Want to Help You and Know What They're Talking About! (dot com)

Of course if I ever have a problem with the pool I can't handle, I know where to go to get help!
Right Here!

Now, if this stupid $100.00 pool would just collapse, we could start building an IG. LOL

Trials and Tribulations of that whole process is Right Here if you like long diatribes.

Hour 50
FC 8
CC .5

Cook Dinner

Hour 51
FC 6
CC 0

Eat Dinner

Hour 52
FC 4
CC 0
So I went to add another gallon, and as I walked by the pump/filter to put the bleach in at the return...
AAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!
pool160.jpg

So I busted out the epoxy putty and electrical tape and repaired the hole. I'm so not buying new hoses with only a few days of the swimming season left.

Might be time to pvc it next year. This is my second set of hoses in five years.

Or maybe it'll just collapse this winter!! (Crossing fingers)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well lets see... Completely simple tonight. I butterflied some skinless chicken breasts, added a strip of bacon then closed it back up and charred it to perfection on the grill. Corn on the cob, and a squash/mushroom/onion/breadcrumb/cream/chives thing I mixed up and broiled it with swiss/colby/muenster cheese and fresh bread crumbs on top.

Everyone loved it. :)

Hour... Yeah, I don't even know anymore.

It's been raining since I got home from work. I went out and looked at the pool and it's doing just fine. I don't really want to drag the camera out in the rain, so here's the razor instead. The UPS guy delivered the new batteries and left them on the porch today. It wasn't our porch, but it was a porch. :rant:

pool161.jpg

tatertot09 said:
Just have to ask- was reading through your thread and saw you were doing a vineyard! What type of grapes are you growing? We got ours up and going this spring, what an undertaking! Also where at in ohio are you?

Clayton

Not entirely sure yet. I'm waiting on the soil sample results, that will push me toward one type or another, or even another.

I'm looking at possibly Steuben, Delaware, Cayuga White, Catawba, DeChaunac, Seyval Blanc, and maybe Vidal Blanc. Any of these should actually do fine here though. Still looking at root stock.

I'm putting in a little over 1/16th acre with hopefully an eventual yield of .25 to .5 tons of grapes. I'm also slowly ramping up my winery equipment from 6 gallon carboys to 15 and 30 gallon fermenters and associated grape things needed, like crates, destemmers, pumps and presses. Though I really have 2 or 3 years to acquire them before it's really needed.

I've also become friends with the winery a couple miles down the road. I've been getting all their empty bottles. I'm up to some 98 cases of empty bottles so far. A savings of around 1700 bucks if I were to purchase the bottles at my LHBS, which is not so local, and in Indiana.

I'm 40ish miles west of Toledo in a tiny town called Pettisville. We have a stop sign. :shock:

Here's what I have so far. Not much to look at, but I threw a chicken in the middle for size reference.
pool162.jpg

So, this about wraps it up. I'll do an OCLT tonight, but I already know that'll be fine.

Guess I have to go vacuum the dirt and dead stuff up now. There's really not a whole lot of that either.

So.... What was that, 4 or 5 days? Not too shabby. Now I'll get out there and get a complete set of readings and adjust accordingly.

:party: :party: :party:

pool163.jpg

I have enjoyed reading this. It has given me hope. I have gone the store route for 6 frustrating years. Came home on Friday night after 8 day vacation to a green pool. Pool store changed ideas and chemical cocktails all week. $145 and 6 days later ... no change. Thank goodness I found this site yesterday morning. Read it for 24 hours. Bought a recommended test kit and SLAMmed my pool last night. Its been 20 hours and already the 'bright' green pond-look is dulling a little. Not much, but reading your posts and seeing the photos has given me such confidence. I will "Never Ever Ever ... get back together" with a pool store.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.