CC questions.

raidencmc

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 18, 2011
Cochranville, PA
I have had a great year as for as having no pool problems and I hate to jinx myself but... When I tested my water this year the majority of the time my CC's are .5 ppm. After cutting the lawn, swimming, rain, or anything that creates dust they end up at 1 ppm. But never anymore then that. I assumed it was the dirt or grass that ended up in the pool. Is this normal? Or do I have a problem that I am just barely avoiding.

I slammed it when we first opened it and then before and after my week vacation(during the vacation I measured out bleach into separate bottles and had someone pour them in according to what I assumed my levels would be based on the previous tests). I made sure the FC I assumed was never below 7. When I returned home from vacation the FC was 8 and that was close to my what I thought it would be. But I slammed it anyway cause the pool was not going to be in use for a few days.

When we swim afterwards that night I bring the FC level to about 9-10 ppm because by the next evening when we are ready to swim it is about 7 ppm. My kids leave every weekend and if we are not planning on swimming I keep the FC higher then normal 10-12 ppm just because it makes me feel better.

Am I paranoid?

You sound like me. I've been SLAMming for 1 week and 1 day and I'm scared to let the FC go back down! I think I'll keep it a bit high just in case...try to find a happy medium that is a little high without being wasteful. Better safe than sorry?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.