Don't use plumbers teflon tape with the plastic threads

I used plumbers teflon tape on the plastic threading of the Intex SWG and now have a small leak. Actually I've had a leak on two different connections. I'm wondering if it's causing more problems than solving a potential problem - especially when you have to undo the connections to clean the cells with vinegar. Many of the Intex filter videos show folks not using plumbers tape. Does anyone know if it's bad to use plumbers tape on plastic threading? Also beware - don't over-tighten plastic threading.

May have answered my own question so I'm making this posting as a warning to others. Here's the top result on Google: http://www.lascofittings.com/supportcen ... lastic.asp

Anyone think differently?

A quick read of the lasco link says do not use Teflon tape etc. to "add bulk to" joint. which i interpret as several extra wraps that may interfere with thread tolerances. PTFE tape is very thin and 2-3 wraps will not add much bulk to threads and many people have been wrapping PVC in tape for years.
From what I understand from various second hand accounts, the intex cells are of poor build quality and rarely last a season of use before developing leaks, cracks, or overall cell failure. I have no experience with these intex SWG personally but IMO you get what you pay for and intex systems are maybe 1/4 cost of base model Hayward SWG systems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.