First test with new pool fill and new TF100

DADx2

Jul 15, 2012
Atlanta Ga
So it's been 3 weeks since we threw the hose into our newly installed vinyl pool. It took 8 days to fill with our pool with the spigot cracked open (to keep from outrunning the recovery rate of our well). Once the water level reached close to the stairs, we started the SWG. It has been running 24/7 and 100% since then, except for a few hours here and there for various reasons.

Today, I finally had a chance to use the TF100 test kit and here are the results:

Water VERY clear...

FC 4.5
PH 8.2+
CC 0
TA 110
CH 150
CYA 0
CC 0

Tonight I have shut off the pump, and will program the unit to run only during the daytime tomorrow morning.

Please give me some guidance in order of priority so I can figure this pool chemistry out !!!!

Congrats on getting it filled!!

First priority is to lower the pH to around 7.5. You could get scaling very easily on your SWG cell with that high of pH.

Next priority is to get your CYA up to 60-80. With zero CYA your FC will burn off very quickly in the Georgian sun.

TA will come down as you bring down the pH so you don't need to worry about that yet.

Another priority is to get up in Pool School and read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry". With that as a background, you will be able to figure out why you are making these changes and how they will affect your pool.

The test kit is simply an accurate measuring device. What to do about the results will come from Pool School and the help of forum members here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.