Green now cloudy and won't budge

It's on waste and is dumping like crazy.. Thx.

I'm thinking more water out the better.. Right?

Problem I have once it is dumped is filling because it will be happening overnight and y'all recommended to add bleach throughout the fill correct?

Or can I add some at the beginning like at 7:30pm, a little more at 10pm and then a bunch at 6am?

You can add a little bit of bleach tonight and some more tomorrow, but if you don't know your FC or CYA you want to be very conservative with it, maybe just a cup or two. You just want to slow any growth a bit until the kit comes and you can get a good read on your CYA and FC. Then the SLAM will begin :cool:

How are you on chemicals? Do you have any more of the dichlor shock? Any pucks? Good time to take an inventory of whats on hand as you MAY be able to make use of some of it to begin with. Don't worry TOO much about it right now, but, depending on how much water you drained you may have to add a bit of CYA to get back to the proper level. Don't add anything YET, except for the suggested small amounts of bleach, until you get some good test results and check back here on the best way to proceed. These guys will get you started out right and with just a bit of "tweaking" you should be able to keep your pool sparkling with very little effort... And STAY OUT OF THE POOL STORE! heheh :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The dichlor and pucks, if kept in a sealed container should last almost forever. Check the labels for copper sulfate or zinc sulfate. The small amounts in them shouldn't hurt you, especially after a drain and refill. Otherwise just hang onto them for future use, should you need to bump your CYA after numerous backwash/rinse and vacuum to waste cycles. Understand that backwashing won't affect you much with the volume you have, but vacuum to waste could over time bring your CYA down a small amount.

Ok guys..

Dumped about half a pool and filled today.

Got my Taylor k2006 kit :) too

FC 4ppm
CC 1ppm
PH 7.0. Took 17 drops to get to 7.6
TA: 100
CH 220
CYA. Black dot disappeared really quick.. Like an inch of water in the tube..an inch away from 100 :(

What to do now?

You already dumped half of your pool and the CYA is still that high? :shock: Not good.

If you had the TF-100 I would say do the 50/50 test, but since you only have so much reagent with the K-2006 I say jump right in to another water change. Replace as much as you can and then test your numbers again.

Given how the CYA scale works, it sounds like your CYA may have been over 500 before the water change...

Dump this morning and refilled.. and skipped all the testing except the CYA since apparently nothing really matters until that gets down.. it is still above 100.. roughly 130 I would estimate..

so im dumping and refilling again, hopefully this will get it down. Whats a number i can stop at and be okay for now? My property is getting pretty soaked lol. I live on 6acres so its not like I can drain it to anywhere.

btw, it is no longer cloudy white. it is cloudy green tint, which is better?

If you can get it below 80 you can start the SLAM. It will take a bit more chlorine than if you got it down further but I understand it's starting to get excessive. I am now certain your CYA was over 500, about the highest I have ever seen. Dichlor is a heck of a chemical, huh?

If after this round your CYA measures 80 or under then go ahead and run the rest of your tests and get ready to SLAM. Let's get you going so you can enjoy your pool, if there are more CYA tweeks to be done they can be done later in smaller increments.

Recommended CYA level is 30 to 50 ppm unless you're in the deep south (lots of sun) or have a Salt Water chlorine Generator. Then it goes up to 70 to 80 ppm. With your size/volume pool managing it with a level of 80 for a while instead of say 40 shouldn't be too much trouble. It'll require roughly twice as much chlorine/bleach but we're not talking truckloads in your case.

BTW, since you've discovered how to edit your signature line... adding your pool/equipment description there would be a big help to others when offering you suggestions. :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.