PB didn't tell us to water gunite!

Jun 17, 2013
central texas
So they shot the gunite last Thursday, and today I just happened to read on the internet that gunite needs daily watering. Supervisor never told us. when I contacted him he said he thought he told us to water it. He didnt. It's also not mentioned in contract. He told me to start watering twice a day and everything should be fine. This supervisor guy has been a less than steller so I'm not feeling fine about the situation. The temp has been 100+ everyday and the pool is in full sun most of the day.

Should I be worried? What should I look for if there is a problem? I did notice one 2-3" crack on floor in shallow end but thats about it. Thx

Weather you should be worried or not is difficult or impossible to tell. You keep the gunite wet so it "drys" or cures as slowly as you can get it to do so. The first few days are the most important. If you see a crack you should point it out to the PB. You shouldn't be having cracks. If its a hairline surface crack I would not worry. I would still point it out to the PB. Slower cure stronger pool shell.

You can't overwater the pool in the first week or so

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.