help!

We might be able to assume your CYA level is about 40 ppm.That would be a good thing. That would put your shock level at 16 ppm. If your FC level is now at 5 you would need 1 gallon 3 quarts of regular 8.25% bleach to get to 16 ppm. That's shock level for your pool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I put 112 oz of trichlor in the pool calc and it said it would raise CYA by 35. Maybe I missed something else she added at start up.

I prop messed up with not taking into account the other stuff. My bad Go with your results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Well kelly, we have an answer to part of your problem, the pucks have overstabilized your pool. Before we start anything else would it be possible for you to drain and refill half of your water?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Kelly,

I'm seeing this thread going 1000 miles per minute, and I'm getting the feeling that we're starting to worry/confuse you. Please let's slow this down some and assist you better.

For starters you have made the correct choice by purchasing one of the kits we currently suggest. While I'm sure it felt like a large purchase, compared to the $20 test kits from the store, I promise you it's going to be the best purchase you made to date for your pool. Two of the largest teachings we do here on the forum are patience, and knowledge. There will be no "quick fix" for your pool.....and it will go green again without you having the knowledge of what your actions are causing.

Now that you've got the test kit in route, I would suggest that you head over to Pool School and read about your pool. This reading will teach you more about your water, and you will gain more knowledge about your pool than us tossing out suggestions to you. After you get your kit, and we have solid numbers, we can make accurate suggestions to walk you thru cleaning your water. It very easily may include a drain to lower your CYA level......then again it may not. I simply worry about making suggestions without accurate numbers. The kit will be there VERY soon (likely in the mail tomorrow). Until then, without knowing your true CYA level, it's all a crapshoot with our suggestions.

Do you have ANY test kits around besides your Aquachem??

I can have a cya test kit here by Friday along with a chlorine test that tests up to 50 ppm while I wait for the kit. I gather if the cya levels are high its nearly impossible financially to maintain my fc levels. I've spent all afternoon in pool school and I think I'm on track now. Just need to know where to go from here.

I would hold off on purchasing any other kits for your pool. If you ordered your TF-100 from TFTestKits.net it should be there very quick. Dave's amazing with his shipping speed, and you're not that far from him. If you ordered today, I'd guess Friday or Saturday you'll get a package from him. You've already got one of the best kits in route, no need to spend more cash.

For now just keep adding chlorine using your kit. Keep the chlorine a dark yellow and you'll hold off any new growth in the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.