CYA is way too low - Advice please!

Turn off the SWG by setting circuit 1 to 0% and 0% until the FC drops to 6 ppm and then turn them back on to 50% and 2%. My guess is that it will take a couple of days to drop down to 6 ppm with the SWG off. If the FC starts rising when the output is put back to 50% reduce the settings to 40% and 2%. Keep reducing the percentage by 10% until the FC stays consistent between 4-7 ppm.

Are you measuring about the same levels of chlorine in the pool and spa?

I haven't checked that actually.. but I will when I get back in a few hours.

AND I can make those SWG adjustments.

FC Spa - 12.5
TC 12.5

FC Pool - 12.5
TC 13.0

I set the pool SWG at 1% and it automatically put the spa at 0%. (Didn't get to it last night.) I'll check the readingslater this afternoon I suppose. It's supposed to be 100 degrees today. yeah.

We had rain today, and Sun.. then more rain.

FC is at 7.5

So, I'll wait until tomorrow afternoon and see where I'm at.. THANKS so much for your guidance ping !!!!!!

ping said:
Turn off the SWG by setting circuit 1 to 0% and 0% until the FC drops to 6 ppm and then turn them back on to 50% and 2%. My guess is that it will take a couple of days to drop down to 6 ppm with the SWG off. If the FC starts rising when the output is put back to 50% reduce the settings to 40% and 2%. Keep reducing the percentage by 10% until the FC stays consistent between 4-7 ppm.

I did drop down to 6 FC, turned the SWG back up to 40% pool, 2% spa for two days now. Here are my readings:

PH 7.8 (PC said to add 14 oz MA, so I just did)
FC 7.5
TC 8.0
TA 90
CH 300
CYA 70
SALT 3500
TEMP 81 WATER ~ 88 OUTSIDE

My main pump (VS) runs on the lowest speed from 9 - 4pm
My cleaner runs from 10:15 to 1:15

Is all the pool/spa water cycled thru the filter with that kind of schedule?

Around the pool, I have a huge red oak, grass around the outside deck, and 3 large beautiful but messy crepe myrtles. Not to mention, we always have a constant wind across out backyard.
There is the grotto waterfall and the spa that dumps into the pool - which from what I read, keeps my pH creeping up.

I don't own a vacuum, and am wondering of I need one. - Polaris does an awesome job.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.