Pool equipment

Jul 12, 2013
Clarksburg, MD
So we are under contract for pool and we are going over final layouts and such and equipment location has come up. I want it on side of house, however pool will be ~100 linear feet away.....would this be too far for pump and heater? PB wants the equipment near pool, and I could landscape around it to hide, but then have to pay for longer electric and gas lines to run.

Thoughts?

It should also be noted we will have (2) 18in cascades, and (2) bubblers in tanning ledge. Most likely is a VS pump if that matters

Yeah, the heat loss was one concern, the 2nd was having to oversize the pump to run the water features.....guess I will go with the PB suggestion...that's why we interview and hire a PB who makes us comfortable, right? He's the "supposed" expert, so I guess in this case I should listen to what he suggests.

If you use larger PVC for the longer runs, there is no need to increase the size of the pump. Longer runs of larger PVC is certainly cheaper than longer electrical and gas runs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.