2 filter cartridge sets broken in a row in 1 month

Jul 22, 2013
My pool has a hayward c5025 filter. Two months ago, I bought a brand new set of cartridges. Ran for about a month, I took them out and tried to hose the dirts off, I saw some bands already broken, and there were cracks at the end caps, so water could bypass the filtering and directly enter the inner space. I thought maybe I should have washed more often. Then I bought another new set. It ran for 2 weeks, when I took them out yesterday, all were broken again, even worse than last time!

What could I have done wrong? Maybe I should clean them once a week, or even sooner? My PH stayed around 6.2 for a few weeks, but I don't think it could be the cause. Another thing is the pressure gauge could be off. I did not see the pressure went up, but it did not trigger the alarm on me since I was expecting to clean the carts once every few months!

Any suggestions? I am using this filter for the first time. Any info would be helpful to me.

Have a look at my build (in my signature) on page 4 near the bottom. I have a Hayward cartridge filter and it was plumbed incorrectly (backwards) inside the filter and you can see the results. I'd almost guarantee you have the same issue as I did. Yours is the older version (ends in 25) whereas mine is the newer version (ends in 30). The difference is the inlet and outlet lines are reversed which causes confusion for some installers.

My picture sounds like exactly what you are describing.

Good luck and let us know what you find out!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.