New Pool owner CYA question

Jun 15, 2013
Hey guys, I just moved into my first house and have started taking care of the existing pool (AGP, oval, ~10000 gals). I've been following all of your advise on this forum, VERY helpful, but had a quick question:

After testing the CYA with my TF100, it looked to be roughly 0 (very clear even when the cylindar was full). I added enough CYA in a sock suspended in front of a return to bring it up 20. From other posts in the forum, it seems like it takes ppl a long time to dissolve the CYA, but mine was completely dissolved in about 3 hours (I squeezed the sock a couple times).

Just wondering, is that is odd?

Thanks!

Jeremy

Depends on how holy your sock was :angel: ;)

Assume it is at 20ppm and retest in a week to confirm ... likely you will want to raise it higher to 30-50ppm to better protect the FC from the sun.

To chime in. Last week I filled 2 socks with Cyanuric acid (solid). And put one in each skimmer. 24 hours later when I checked the socks they were rock solid. So I jumped in the pool with both socks in hand and squeezed, kneaded, basically did what ever it took to completely pulverize the particles in the socks. I completely had the socks empty within 5 minutes. When I tested 24 hours after that CYA was raised to where I expected it to be. Great method.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.