Just filled - Results added. Please help balance.

Any comments on the Stabilizer i bought from Buffalo? Better than the one we have here in Toronto?

Just tested the water and here are the results:

Salt: 3400
FCL: 3
TCL: 3
CCL: 0
PH 7.6
TA: 100
CYA: 30
CA: 120

I see that CYA is low and TA is high.

Seeing that we will be changing the liner in a few weeks, or closing the pool and changing the liner in the spring, is it necessary for me to add CYA?

If your SWG is able to keep up, then you do not have to add more CYA; although a higher CYA may result in the ability to reduce the SWG output and thus extending its life span. Also, with lower SWG on time, your pH will not be driven up as fast.

jblizzle said:
If your SWG is able to keep up, then you do not have to add more CYA; although a higher CYA may result in the ability to reduce the SWG output and thus extending its life span. Also, with lower SWG on time, your pH will not be driven up as fast.

Thanks. I am running my pump and swcg about 10-12 hrs a day on V1 1200 rpm and 35% cl generation.

Is the stabilizer I bought from Buffalo ok?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I use the HTH and I have decided I think HTH is a pretty responsible brand.

Many of the products they sell are Cal Hypo based and less prone to cause CYA issues and their labeling and brochures mention that you need to control your CYA. Also, they actually sell the 6-way kit that measures CYA. To my knowledge its the only non-TF or "professional" kit that measures CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.