Big dips in sand around base of pool

Wiggledog

LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2013
Souderton, PA
We just put our 30" above ground round pool in. It has been up less than 2 months. We did not purchase coving because our pool installer (who has caused us many headaches) recommended building up the sand around the edges. We are now noticing many areas where the sand coving has washed away and left dips anywhere from 2 to 4 inches deep in areas anywhere from 6" to several feet long around the side of the pool. What should we be doing? I assume this is going to be a problem. :hammer

What does the installer have to say, now? It sounds like his installation needs some attention(sooner rather than later). The cove is important as it prevents the liner from contacting the base of the pool and possibly slipping under in a wash-out, as well as distributing the water weight.

Yes this needs attention. I would contact the installer and tell him what's going on. He needs to make this right. I would also purchase some foam coveing and tell him you want this installed.

Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

If it washing out under the liner you need to drain it and have it fixed. The sooner the better. The installer should stand up and fix it. I might consider the foam cove, especially since you've already had a problem.
They may want you to buy the cove, but I think it'd be worth it.

Thanks, I really appreciate the input. I will call them tomorrow. These same installers also installed the pool and dished it out to only 5 feet in the middle when we had a signed contract and paid for 6 feet. It took going to the BBB to get that straightened out ( some money refunded). I am really getting fed up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.