I have yet to have clear water

I'll have to look when I get home from work. Word from home is that it looks even clearer than this morning. Glad I didn't try to SLAM it as we thought it was algae at first. I've been holding off on blowing up my new float but it might go on it's first cruise this weekend!!!!

BUY A TEST GOOD KIT asap!!( The TF100 is a better value) I wasted more than 10 x the cost of the test kit & speed stirrer in chemicals that did no good, plus the cost of 20k gal of water that I had to drain & refill. All was due to pool store testing & going by their advice. Not to mention the 5 weeks of frustration I've gone thru!! :rant: . The kit will pay for itself!! I have made more progress with my pool in 4 days by following the advice of the folks here than I did in 5 weeks of following pool store advice. Follow their advice you will be able to easily manage your pool @ the lowest cost. :)

Pool is incredibly clear this morning. Didn't have time to take a picture as it is "MONDAY" but the metal out definitely worked along with probably 3k gallons of rain - ok, maybe only 1.5k - LOL! The rain may have helped but it is also messing with my chlorine level. I had to add more salt on Friday night - SWG told me low salt - plus we added some bleach to help it get going. #s were great Saturday morning but no sunshine! Rained heavily all weekend and last night chlorine back down to 0.5 but ph and alk were high so I added the m acid to lower alk, will deal with ph level tonight and I've been running the SWG full time as well now that water is clear. But I'm making progress and thanks to all of you and your advice, I feel empowered to be able to handle this situation!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.